Quotemasher – Natural language processing
- Java implementation of textual Markov models to combine 2+ speakers styles and language. Generated soundbites and quotes while working as speechwriter to a 2012 U.S. congressional campaign. Online text generator
Grapevine – Cryptography & social networking
- Invented a novel cryptographic secret-sharing algorithm to launch a dating website at Princeton University, Valentines Day 2011. Media coverage
News tracker – Webscraping & news tracking
- Used Python to implement a high-frequency webscraping program to monitor 50+ news sites for new stories every 15 seconds for Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential campaign’s rapid-response communications team (previously took human interns 2-5 minutes.) Developed from conception to functioning prototype in 8 hours.
Countdown to Reunions – Viral marketing
- Developed “advent calendar”-type site to promote Princeton’s 2012 Reunions. Went viral in 12 hours, reaching 8,000 alumni in first day. Maintained >1000 unique visitors/day through entire month leading to reunions. Media Coverage
TigerPack – Geolocation & ad-hoc social networks
- Ad-hoc social networking site created to help Princeton alumni coordinate and locate each other in realtime at Reunions 2013. Built on Python and GAE in 3 days, served 2,000 users between ages of 18 and 76 and improved communications speeds from O(n^2) to O(1). Media Coverage
TigerPack 2 – Geolocation & ad-hoc social networks
- (Under development) – General, public version of TigerPack. Combines GPS tracking a la Google Latitude with ad-hoc social networking to let users coordinate at concerts, in cities, while hiking/skiing, or at networking events– all while maintaining unparalleled control of privacy.
Speed of Sound – Geolocation & entertainment
- (Under development) – iOS app chooses your music to correspond to the speed you’re driving at and location you’re passing. No more adagios on the freeway; no more killer guitar solos mocking you in gridlock!